Ralph Dyck’s MC-8 Arrangement of “Yesterday” by the Beatles
Ralph sent me a fantastic mp3 of an arrangement of The Beatles’ “Yesterday” that he wrote and programmed on the MC-8 in 1977, for demonstration purposes. Again, he shows the degree of nuance and expressivity that the MC-8 was capable of, even if it mostly ended up being used by most producers to churn out stiffly metronomic parts. The synth used was most likely a Roland System 700 modular.
No comments yet.
- Roland MC-8 Sequencer Malfunction w/ Sequential Pro-One Synth
- Making a Roland MC-8 Cable
- Low Serial Number “Blue Meanie” MC8
- RIP Ralph Dyck, Sept 28, 1941 – May 20, 2013
- Ralph Dyck: My Commercial Life using my handmade sequencers prior to the MC-8
- Interview: Richard James Burgess of Landscape
- Ralph Dyck Reunited With Another Long-Lost Synth Creation
- Ralph Dyck’s 1970s Home-Brew Synth Rescued from Pawn Shop
- 1972 Newspaper Article about Ralph Dyck & His Modular Synth
- Giorgio Moroder w/ MC-8 & System 700 via Sound On Sound Magazine
- Pea’s MC-8 Electro-glamour shots
- Ralph’s SYNCBOX – Roland SBX-80 Prototype